Please carefully consider your application if you are currently on the blended working model, as TaxSaver cost savings may only be beneficial to those commuting on a full time basis.
Due to the application of the 20% reduction in ticket prices for customers of Dublin Bus, Luas, Bus Éireann, Iarnród Éireann and Go‐Ahead Ireland, a free TaxSaver extension has been announced for holders of a current valid ticket. FAQ’s on this extension from TaxSaver are available here.
You may apply now for July 2022 Travel Pass, the closing date for applications is 4pm on 1 June 2022.
Please read the following communication in full as it contains important information regarding the application process for this year’s Annual Travel Pass Scheme.
The information below is relevant for new applicants and those requiring a renewal for a July 2022 Travel Pass – if you have a current valid pass due to expire later in 2022 or a free TaxSaver extension, do not apply now.
Managers: Please ensure that this notice is brought to the attention of all officers currently absent from the office.
HRs: Please ensure that each case created on behalf of one of your officers is created in the officer’s name and not in the name of the Local HR staff member. New Tickets will be sent directly to the officer and not to the Local HR for dispatch.
To all staff,
NSSO HR Services is now accepting applications for the July 2022 – June 2023 Annual Travel Pass Scheme. The scheme is available to both existing and new participants.
The closing date for applications is 4pm on 1 June 2022.
Applications must be made through our website. Here you can find all details of travel providers participating in the scheme, and the terms and conditions of the Annual Travel Pass Scheme.
Choose the correct ticket type from the list available on www.taxsaver.ie or your provider’s website before submitting your application.
Complete the Travel Pass e-form and you will receive an automated email with a Case ID. It can take up to one hour for this email to issue. The Case ID should be treated as confirmation that your application has been received.
Please use this Case ID number as a reference if contacting us in relation to your case.
- Please be aware there may not be a financial benefit in applying for an Annual Travel Pass if you are not commuting full time, and are working as part of a blended/remote model.
- New applicants please note that digital passport-type photos are required to issue your ticket. The photo must be a maximum size of 64KB, and must be the format of a .JPEG.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the e-form has been completed correctly and that a photo is attached to the e-form if required.
- Please ensure that you have chosen the correct ticket type from the list available on www.taxsaver.ie or your provider’s website before submitting your application.
- For those renewing (other than those with free TaxSaver extension) and have the same Leapcard as previously issued to them by the NSSO, tickets will be uploaded to this Leapcard.
- For new applicants or those who no longer have the same Leapcard as issued to them by the NSSO, your Leapcard will be posted out to your home address as recorded on your Personal Information Home Page. *Please check address is correct and an Eircode is provided*
- Applicants requesting a new ticket from Luas can use a personalised Leapcard ordered from www.leapcard.ie.
- Applicants requesting tickets from private providers, such as Swords Express or Matthews Coaches, can use a personalised Leapcard ordered from www.leapcard.ie.
Leap cards must be registered; this can be done at Register your LeapCard. Failure to register your card will have financial implications and cause significant delays if your card is lost, damaged or stolen. If you have replaced the original card issued to you, please email email@example.com
Please note that the new photo uploaded may not override the pre-existing photo on your provider issued travel card.
If you have any queries in relation to the scheme, please refer to our website and FAQs page. If your query has not been answered, please submit a question by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your case number. For urgent queries you can also call us on 0818 107 100.
Employee Schemes Team
National Shared Services Office