This alert is relevant only to any employee who is a member of the Single Public Service Pension Scheme, and who wishes to transfer benefits to their current civil service pension scheme.
The expression of interest window to transfer benefits into the Single Pension Scheme is open, and will close on 30 September 2023. This transfer can include funds from Revenue approved pension schemes and private pensions.
In order to estimate how much additional benefit can be transferred, you are encouraged to visit the Single Public Service Pension Scheme website: https://singlepensionscheme.gov.ie (Members > Scheme Information > Member Purchase –Transfer Calculation Tool (Excel File)). The calculator will provide an estimate of how much additional pension and lump sum referable amounts you can potentially purchase with your considered sum of money.
- You must be a member of the Single Pension Scheme. Generally this means you were hired on/after 1 January 2013. You can check your pension scheme on your HR self-service profile by selecting ‘Pension Statement’.
- For transfer values, you must have the potential to reach the vesting period before normal retirement age.
- For transfer values, the pension must be from a Revenue approved scheme.
- Benefits can be transferred by way of lump sum only.
- Costs are based on the cost to purchase €1 of pension or lump sum.
- Transfer of pre-2013 schemes is not permitted.
- Transfer value amounts in excess of limits are foregone. Once effected, a transfer of benefits is irrevocable.
- Applications must be made via the official expression of interest form, available here.
- Once the completed expression of interest form has been received, a case will be raised on the NSSO Case Management System, and an automated e-mail with a case ID will issue.
For staff who do not have access to our HR self-service systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a hardcopy form to complete and return to us.
If you have any questions in relation to the scheme, you can email us at email@example.com, call us on 0818 107 100 choosing option 2 for HR Services, or raise a case via the Case Management System here.
Resignations & Retirements Team
National Shared Services Office
Please do not respond to this email as this inbox is not monitored.