The NSSO is now accepting applications for the July 2023-June 2024 Annual Travel Pass (ATP) scheme.
Please read the communication below in full as it contains important information regarding the application process for the ATP scheme. Please carefully consider your application if you are currently on the blended working model, as Taxsaver cost savings may only be beneficial to those commuting on a full-time basis.
Managers: Please ensure that this notice is brought to the attention of all officers currently absent from the office.
Local HR: Please ensure that each case created on behalf of one of your officers is created in the officer’s name and not in the name of the Local HR staff member. New tickets for 2023 will be sent directly to Local HR for dispatch.
The information below is relevant to new applicants as well as those requiring a renewal for the July 2023 Travel Pass. If you have a current valid pass due to expire later in 2023, do not apply now.
The closing date for applications is 4pm on 26 May 2023.
Applications must be made through our website where you can find all details of travel providers participating in the Annual Travel Pass scheme and the terms and conditions of the scheme.
Choose the correct ticket type from the list available on www.taxsaver.ie or your provider’s website before submitting your application.
After completing the Travel Pass e-form, you will receive an automated email with a Case ID. It can take up to one hour for this email to issue. The Case ID should be treated as confirmation that your application has been received. Please use this Case ID as a reference if contacting us in relation to your case.
For staff who do not have access to the Travel Pass eForm on our HR self-service system, you can complete the Travel Pass application form at this link and email it to email@example.com with the subject line ‘July 2023 Travel Pass Submission’, before the application window closing at 4pm on 26 May 2023. Any late applications cannot be processed.
- Please be aware that there may not be a financial benefit in applying for an Annual Travel Pass if you are not commuting full-time or if you are working as part of a blended/remote model, as Taxsaver cost savings may only be beneficial to those commuting on a full-time basis.
- New applicants should note that digital passport-type photos are required to issue your ticket. The photo must have a maximum size of 64KB and must be in jpeg format.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the form has been completed correctly and that a photo is attached to the eForm if required.
- Please ensure that you have chosen the correct ticket type from the list available on www.taxsaver.ie or from your provider’s website before submitting your application.
- For those renewing and who still use the Leap card previously issued to them by HR Services, tickets will be uploaded to this Leap card.
- For new applicants or those who no longer have the same Leap card as issued to them by HRSS, your Leap card will be posted out to your Local Human Resources section for dispatch.
- Applicants requesting a new ticket from LUAS can use a personalised Leap card ordered from www.leapcard.ie
- Applicants requesting tickets from private providers, such as Swords Express or Matthews Coaches, can use a personalised Leap card ordered from www.leapcard.ie .
- Leap cards must be registered: please click here to do so. Failure to register your Leap card will have financial implications and cause significant delays if your card is lost, damaged or stolen. If you have replaced the original card issued to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that the new photo you upload may not override the existing photo on your provider-issued travel card.
If you have any queries in relation to the scheme, please refer to our website. If your query has not been answered, please submit a question by email to email@example.com quoting your case number. For urgent queries you can also call us on 0818 107 100.