Due to expected high volumes of retirements in 2022 the National Shared Services Office (NSSO) is requesting advance notice from officers seeking to retire in the months above, in order to ensure that payment of their pension entitlement is not delayed.
As per Circular 10 of 2012 the following notice periods apply:
- Staff at Principal Level or equivalent grades and above are required to give three months’ notice of intention to resign/retire from the Civil Service.
- Staff at Assistant Principal Level or equivalent grades and below are required to give one months’ notice of intention to resign/retire from the Civil Service.
We would request, where possible that if you intend to retire during the period outlined above you should complete the following steps below at least 2 months in advance of your intended retirement date.
- Resign your position as normal (by giving formal written notice of your intention to retire to your HR Unit via your Head of Division)
- Submit a completed Exit Form to the NSSO, by creating an Exit Management case through the online Case Management System.
- Complete all required Retirement Forms and attach them to your Exit Management case.
Please note that if applicable to your case we do not require original Marriage Certificates/Birth Certificates or Divorce documentation. Certified Copies will suffice.
There is a Retirement Pack Information Guide available on our website to assist you in completing your Retirement Forms and/or you can email us with any queries you may have at email@example.com.
Resignations and Retirements Team
National Shared Services Office