The National Shared Services Office (NSSO) is pleased to announce the launch of a new technical enhancement called the ‘What If I Take’ calculator.
Why use the What If I Take calculator?
- Using the What If I Take calculator will help you be more informed when making decisions about taking Parental Leave, Work-Sharing, or Shorter Working Year (SWY) pro-rata
- It is now possible for to estimate your salary if you are thinking of taking unpaid leave
- The What If I Take calculator will be available through the Payroll Self-Service from Friday, 9 June 2023
- The facility will produce an estimated net pay figure (the amount you take home after statutory and voluntary deductions) based on your current gross pay (the amount you earn before statutory and voluntary deductions), allowances, deductions and the criteria you select from the dropdown menus associated with each unpaid leave type
- This calculator is for estimation purposes only
- The amount calculated by the calculator is an indication only, it is not a guarantee that you will receive that amount. Any changes between when you use the calculator to when the unpaid leave is taken can affect the payment.
- The facility will produce an estimated net pay figure based on your most recent payslip
- It is important that this facility is used during a standard pay period where you are not in receipt of any additional payments, for example, increment, arrears or overtime. This will ensure that the estimate is more reflective of your normal pay
- All applications should be processed in line with your HR guidelines
Click here to read the guide to using the What If I Take calculator